Freshmen!!! Welcome to Alabama!!
This week, join us for our Freshmen Girls Lunch on Monday, Aug. 18 at the Moore home, 42 The Downs, 35401. 12p.
Freshmen Guys, come grab some BBQ at Full Moon off McFarland on Tuesday at 11:45a.
Wednesday, Aug. 20, join us for the first RUF Large Group (Shelby 1004 at 8:30p). It is also the first day of class, don't forget.
Friday, 6p, join us for dinner at Mugshots (upstairs), downtown.
Sunday, 7p, first Sunday Night Fellowship (SNF) at the Lucy Home (33 Ridgeland Dr., 35406)
Monday, Aug. 25, small groups begin.
Sept. 12-14, Alabama statewide Fall Conference!!
What does Rev. Tim Keller think about RUF?
Video of the Week
How To Stay Connected
Want to stay in the loop? Text 'BAMARUF' to 41411 and receive text message announcements from RUF@Alabama.
What Else is Happening at RUF?
Fall Series, 2014
This fall we will be going through the book of Romans, up to chapter 8. Our aim is to see and understands Paul excitment for the Gospel and why it is more beautiful and believeable than anything this world has to offer. Join us in Shelby Hall on Wednesday's at 8:30 beginning Aug. 20.
What Is RUF Summer Conference?
College Ministry at Alabama by Rev. Ryan Moore
Weekly Small Groups
- Freshmen Fellowship (Freshmen only): A must for freshmen. Meets Monday’s at 4:30 pm in the Ferg. We will then eat dinner together at 5:30 pm in the ferg.
- Sophomore Fellowship Group: Meets Monday's at 6:30p in the Ferg., 3rd floor.
- Greek Bible Studies (Frat. and Sorority): We have several Bible studies going on in fraternities and sororities on campus. Since most are usually targeted to particular houses, if you are interested in either starting a Bible study in your fraternity/sorority please contact Ryan. We would love to either help you start one or meet with you and disciple you through that process.
Fellowship Groups (jr. and sr.) (FG): These small groups are some of the ‘bread and butter’ of college ministry. Led by interns and students, they will take the text/sermon talked about on Wednesdays at RUF and discuss it further for the purpose of growing in knowledge and understanding of the scriptures, finding practical application for our daily lives, and developing relationships. There are two guys and girls fellowship groups offered during the week in order to accommodate the busyness of college life. Pick the one that fits your schedule. Both guys and girls FG will be discussing the same questions.
International Student Ministry: Once a month starting in February on Thursday, in the Ferg, 6-8p. Come serve and welcome internationals to Alabama, practice English and enjoy some food. Contact Ryan Moore if interested in helping us serve international students at Alabama. firstname.lastname@example.org
- BBQ Tour (Guys only): Thursdays at 6:30pm. Starting date TBA.
- ‘Dinner at the Moore’s’: Tuesdays at 7 pm at 42 The Downs, 35401. sign up sheets at Large Group.
- Sunday Night Fellowship: Sunday’s, Pizza, prayer. At the Lucy’s (33 Ridgeland, 35406), 7-9 pm. Begins Aug. 24!
- Prayer and Coffee: Every Friday morning at 9 am in the ferg., Come pray with us for the needs of the community.
- Sports/Intramurals: TBA
“The gospel is not something partial or piecemeal: it takes in the whole life, the whole of history, the whole world. It tells us about the creation and the final judgment and everything in between. It is a complete, whole view of life, and many are unhappy in the Christian life because they have never realized that this way of life caters for the whole of man’s life and covers every eventuality in his experience. There is no aspect of life but that the gospel has something to say about it. The whole of life must come under its influence because it is all-inclusive; the gospel is meant to control and govern everything in our lives.”
-D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Spiritual Depression
Join our Facebook page! Click here: RUF@Alabama
Where does RUF meet on Wednesdays?
Shelby 1004 Map